Milsearch is an Australian family-owned company with 30 years of experience as an international service provider in the remediation of land and marine areas contaminated by Unexploded Ordnance (UXO). The company provides innovative solutions to both government and private sectors in regions of the world that have been exposed to past military conflict, training and munitions disposal. Our market is driven by the growing world population that needs more space, is transitioning to low carbon/renewable energy and increasing global trade. Milsearch is active across Australia, the South Pacific and South East Asia.
To support our growing volume of UXO remediation projects, Milsearch is seeking highly motivated Geophysicists or Surveyors to join our team. Positions are available for full-time, part-time, or casual employment.
As a Geophysicist /Surveyor you will be responsible for completing various geophysical surveys in support of our UXO remediation activities alongside our current and experienced team members.
The role of a Geophysicist/Surveyor is broad and varied, but your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Devising creative technical solutions that enable you to effectively complete geophysical surveys for UXO.
- Plan, execute and interpret geophysical surveys both onshore and offshore with a focus on obtaining data of the highest quality.
- Manage the geophysical and location equipment resources of Milsearch
- Test and review new technology for UXO search.
- Support Milsearch in quoting geophysical surveys.
- Maintaining contact with the responsible managers for projects and geophysics.
- A bachelor’s degree in geophysics, earth science, or surveying, from a reputable institution.
- Experience in field geophysical survey operation (preferred).
- Willingness to work across Australia or abroad for an average of eight months a year.
- An Australian Government Security Clearance or be eligible for a security clearance (minimum requirement of Australian Citizenship).
- A team player who is focused on results and who has strong analytical skills.
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, wages, and allowances for time spent away from home and a challenging work environment with future career opportunities. Applications can be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications are to include a cover letter and resume/CV.