Milsearch is an Australian family-owned company with 30 years of experience as an international service provider in the remediation of land and marine areas contaminated by Unexploded Ordnance (UXO). The company provides innovative solutions to both government and private sectors in regions of the world that have been exposed to past military conflict, training and munitions disposal. Our market is driven by the growing world population that needs more space, is transitioning to low carbon/renewable energy and increasing global trade. Milsearch is active across Australia, the South Pacific and South East Asia.
Milsearch has been active in Laos, conducting UXO remediation, since the early 1990’s. In doing so we have established ourselves as the only prominent commercial entity to conduct UXO remediation in the worlds most contaminated country. We are now seeking a highly motivated leader, with a background in Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) to manage our Lao based projects.
As Project Director – Laos, you will be the team lead for our multicultural UXO Remediation team, maintaining Client relationships and supervising our projects conducted across Laos. You will report directly to our COO and you will be required to travel frequently between your home base in Australia and our operations in Laos.
The role of the Project Director – Laos, is broad and varied, but your main duties and responsibilities will include:
• All commercial aspects of Milsearch’s UXO remediation projects in Laos, from project prospecting, negotiation and delivery through to successful completion.
• Maximising operational results and profits whilst maintaining our Safety and Quality Standards.
• A background in Explosive Ordnance Disposal from a military training school, coupled with a strong business acumen.
• Experience running UXO and/or similar projects in Southeast Asia.
• An ability to work with a multicultural team.
• Ambition to take on a senior management position and transfer your knowledge to others.
• A team player who is focused on results and who has strong analytical skills.
• Home Port of Greater Sydney (preferred).
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary and allowances for time spent away from home and a challenging work environment with future career opportunities. Applications can be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications are to include a cover letter and resume/CV.